The purpose of this study, “KickStart30: A 30-Day Intervention for Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis,” is to explore the efficacy and feasibility of an integrated, prescriptive, and trackable wellness intervention combining five wellness elements including exercise, mindfulness, sleep, social connectedness, and nutrition. Eligible participants include:
- Adults (18+) interested in improving their overall wellness
- Received a diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) from a Rheumatologist
- Currently taking a biologic medication or a JAK inhibitor for the treatment of RA including one more more of the following: Orencia (intravenous infusion or subcutaneous injection), Humira (subcutaneous injection), Kineret (subcutaneous injection), Cimzia (subcutaneous injection), Enbrel (subcutaneous injection), Simponi (subcutaneous injection), Simponi Aria (intravenous infusion), Remicade (intravenous infusion), Kevzara (subcutaneous injection), Rituxan (intravenous infusion), Actemra (intravenous infusion or subcutaneous injection), Olumiant (oral administration), Xeljanz (oral administration)
- Must not be pregnant or plan to get pregnant during the 30-day study
- Must have access to a reliable Internet-enabled computer
- Must possess basic computer skills
which includes five wellness elements: exercise, mindfulness, sleep, social connectedness, and nutrition. Additional program requirements include:
- Implementing 5 wellness interventions daily during the 30-day study
- Documenting daily online adherence
- Completing daily HERO (happiness, enthusiasm, resilience, and optimism) exercises to improve your mental wellness
- Completing online program forms prior to beginning the program and again at 30-days upon completion of the study
discontinued at any time without repercussion. There are minimal risks to participating in this study.
Potential benefits that participants may expect from this study include no-cost wellness
information/practices for both physical and mental wellbeing. You will also help researchers in the
advancement of research regarding wellness as a clinical and community-based intervention.
Researchers: Drs. Saundra Jain and Donna Rolin
To volunteer or for more information, please contact Study Personnel at 855.266.9222.
Prior to calling, please watch the study overview video:
Post a Comment