This morning I started out my day by barfing up my breakfast - delightful! (Come on, morning sickness! I thought we were just about done with all of this!!) Then I got in the car and drove to the hospital for the surgical consult on my armpit lump.
I actually thought the lump had gotten smaller, because I can't really see it in the mirror like when I first discovered it, but the surgeon said it was about the same size as when I had the ultrasound done. In any event, it hasn't gotten any bigger - and that's good news. The surgeon said it also felt like a neural tumor to her, which is benign, but of course the only way to be sure is to take it out and look at it under a microscope.
Unfortunately, it turns out we can't (well, shouldn't) do the surgery until I'm farther into my second trimester. I mean, we could do surgery right now if it were absolutely necessary, but the risk to the baby is a lot higher while his/her organs are still forming. So we're going to wait six weeks and then I'm going to go back and be re-evaluated. If it's still the same, I'll probably have surgery that same week, at which point they feel it will be minimal risk to the baby.
So let the waiting game begin! Wait to stop barfing up my breakfast. Wait to see what the tumor will do. Wait for possible surgery. Wait to see if my RA will actually go into remission. Wait to see if I'll regain any energy. Wait for the baby....